Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quilt Assembly

Assembled and ready to Quilt!
This is going to be a beautiful quilt ...  While my Mum and Dad were visiting recently Mum decided to piece a quilt with me helping on the design a bit.  She showed me how to stretch out the backing while repairing another quilt she made me years ago, so I assembled the "quilt sandwich" this weekend.  Now for the quilting!

So I am currently up 3 1/2 quilts after Mum and Dad's visit, one gorgeous one Mum brought with her as a gift, two she repaired, and this one I get to quilt myself.  Phew!  Thanks Mum!
More pics -
Here is the stretched backing stuck to the floor...

More quilt shots...


4 comments:

  1. Good to see you have made a good job of it. I think the backing goes very well, happy quilting. Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum! Hey I meant to ask you, when I start quilting it do I start in the middle and work outwards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is usually done from the middle out as that prevents puckers underneath. The quilt design sometimes dictates how to proceed as in this case where you have clear squares; so the middle square is first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok good, that's kind of what I was thinking :-)

    ReplyDelete