Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

2011 Review...

2011 looks like a scant year for sewing if you go by my posts, but really it was just a bad year for posting...
I actually did a lot of repairs that made clothing wearable again, I did some embroidery and some garment sewing that is not photographed yet.  It's so much easier to photograph an object like a stuffed rabbit than to photograph yourself wearing a dress, as you can see from my photos in the mirror on the Lotus dress!  The solution is to obtain help but I'm not so good at asking for that.  This must be why so many bloggers have photos of their frocks on hangers instead of on themselves.

Anyway, I thought I would make a list of all the things I did not post about but made or fixed =0)
so.....please click for more....


  1. I made an "Afternoon Tea Top" by Ichigogirl on Burdastyle - free pattern of a strapless fitted top with ruffled trim. I made this a cross-back strapped top with ruffled satin trim in a lovely terracotta light cotton with little flowers.
  2. I fixed a black sweatshirt fabric jacket with a busted zipper, I put in a new zipper and now wear it often as it has all-the-way long sleeves with crochet lacy trim ruffles and a hood and little pockets and it's super cute.  It is quite a unique garment, I've really not seen anything else like it, it was given me by a friend in Seattle, very kind.
  3. I fixed 3 pairs of my step-sons jeans with unwanted rips... this is a boy who does NOT like ripped jeans.  It's got to be perfect for the prince ;-)   ...so, I fix such things with care to ensure they show as little as possible.  So far he is pleased, phew!
  4. I fixed 2 pairs of my husband's jeans that were in tatters with unwearable rips.  He quite likes rips and patches but not there are more holes than pants left to the garment, so...I put on patches underneath and lots of reinforcement of extra denim and some embroidery for fun.
  5. I fixed 2 pairs of my jeans (as above) but then the one I put the most work into with hours of Japanese asanoha sashiko pattern embroidery tore again in the rump and I put on too much weight to squeeze into them too :-(  bah!  I need a diet...
  6. I darned two shirts...that now need more attention....double bah!
  7. I patched and darned a beautiful vintage shirt for my husband, must get picture...


Can't remember any more, but if I do I shall add them and then hopefully later post pictures of all these random forgotten projects.






2 comments:

  1. Gosh, you have been busy last year. I like the new pretty background to the blog, lovely Japanese anenomes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are called Sakura in japanese - Cherry blossoms, I love them!

      Delete