Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fashion Inspiration - Pochee

Pochee Spring 2010
Today is one of those days where rest is involuntary... I am very tired and keep getting dizzy.  It's not a good day for sewing.  Plus I have a bad feeling about my half finished dress upstairs, that I did not cut that plaid fabric quite right and the seams will be wonky after all...  But I am too tired to look and see, and I don't need that discouragement today. EDIT : I found out the plaid lines up just fine :-) but now I have to add darts to the back..

Instead I will share some fashion images and pictures from pattern books that I am in love with right now..
follow the link to see more!  :-)
I have been into Japanese sewing books for a while now, and I am not alone, it is a growing trend.
These are some designs I am finding very appealing right now, despite the loose baggy look which I am not so sure about.  I love the details, the simple fabrics, the pintucks and little gathers, and the necklines and sleeves on all these tops.  These designs are from Pochee magazine, Spring 2010 edition.
I love the gathers at the neckline and button-up sleeves.  I have a shirt in my closet with button-up sleeves and it is a very useful detail to have in the summer.
I am in love with this color..and the pintucks with the sweet little collar and bunched puff-hem sleeves are perfect!  This looks like a lovely linen shirt for Spring.  It would have to be less baggy for me though.
Delightful frilly gather at the neck with ties and a deep slit...Love it!
And I want that beret too..  (and the beer she's drinking)
I think if one added some elastic under the bust for shape this would be better, but either way I love it, it's so cute.
That's all for now folks, I am looking in my stash for patterns to use to achieve something like this, my current favorite is the berry colored linen shirt.  I have some diagrams and instructions for it that I found, but no exact pattern.

6 comments:

  1. I have this issue of Pochee and I like these designs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh cool! I have only admired Pochee on the internet so far...but I crave a copy of this, I just love these shirts, and the colors, I'm crazy over that raspberry/violet color! Have you tried any of the patterns yet?

      Delete
  2. Hi Alice, Just popped over to tell you that I've finished the purple linen shirt! Have updated pics on the blog! I bought the linen from fabric.com. It's a little heavy though, but in the perfect color. My first time sewing with linen!
    http://www.japanesesewingbooks.com/2012/03/21/book-review-pochee-2010-spring-vol-9/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Thank you so much, I am heading over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update - I just got this issue of Pochee today..joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, I happened to pop back here, didn't realise that you had replied to my comment. Glad you managed to get the Pochee book. No I haven't tried any of the patterns yet. I would like to sew either the first or the 2nd one you pictured above. Good luck with yours.

      Delete