Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Did you know? "Stylish Dress Book" translated to English!

Now Available for Pre-Order
Yes, it's true....  The much coveted and admired Stylish Dress Book vol 1. by Yoshiko Tsukiori will soon be out in ENGLISH!!  Yay!  It is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com at an attractive price, only $11.27.  The publication date is Sept 10, 2012 so there is still quite a long wait for this title but fans of Japanese sewing books will know the wait is worthwhile.  The title for the english version will be "Stylish Dress Book: Wear with Freedom".  Click the link for more details and pictures!

The french version "Tuniques, Robes etc" has been out for some time now, the french blog JapanCoutureAddicts has lots of contributor projects to look at from both the French and Japanese versions, browse it in Google Chrome for easy reading (Chrome can automatically translate web pages for you).  I remember reading somewhere that the sewing patterns in the french books are sized a little different from the Japanese books - not bigger, but adapted to suit european body types....  Not sure if my info is correct here, but that would mean that the english version would also have those alterations and therefore the patterns would require less tweaks in order to fit right.  Hope that's true, don't quote me on it!  Here is the size chart, it goes from 6-16, please click the pictures to enlarge.
Tea Sipping and Size Chart
As it happens, I have added a Bookshop to this blog...and you can pre-order your English copy of Stylish Dress Book from it, yes...heh heh.. and I might make a buck if you do!  (Full disclosure - yes I am totally plugging my amazon associates bookshop... however my family can't use these links or I'll get kicked off the program, cheers!)  I handpicked items or topics that interest me and books that have my personal recommendation for my bookshop.  There are sewing books, craft books, textile arts, fabrics and even the Afternoon Tea Cookbook is available!  My last post about Shortbread Cookies was about an Afternoon Tea Cookbook recipe because I own a vintage copy of it.  Very yummy shortbread..
Baking and Sewing Recipes!
Speaking of baking... Stylish Dress Book is decorated with pictures of cookies and lacy doilies and winsome girls sipping tea, it's just lovely to look at, and so very appealing to me!  Even better, if you go to Amazon and use the "look inside this book" feature, you will find a recipe for the cookies!  Oh yes, seriously ...click on "Table of Contents" and scroll down a little...now zoom in....  Jewel Cookies!  Voila!


A link to my Bookshop appears at the side bar of this blog. thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment