Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Projects from Pochée Spring 2010

Here is a quick roundup of some garments I made from Pochée Vol. 9 Spring 2010.  This Japanese magazine features some really nice shirt patterns as I mentioned in an earlier post, but there are more than just great shirts in this issue.


















So far I have made a hat, blouse and a top, with plans to make some children's clothes for my little nieces, more shirts and a dress for myself at least.  I find it is quite rare for  these magazines to have so many patterns I want to make, I tend to scour the internet for images from a sewing book if I am considering buying it, and if I don't find a lot to like I won't take the risk.  Pochée Vol 9 did not disappoint.  Click here for a full review of Pochée Vol. 9 on JapaneseSewingBooks.com 

The Hat
I could not have made my Sun Hat without the invaluable help of Yifarn from JapaneseSewingBooks.com who carefully translated the japanese instructions for me on how to make the hat, follow this link to read her post.  I don't have very good pictures of the finished hat but here they are:
I can trim this hat with ribbon to match any outfit :)
Materials used:  1 pair ugly white twill pants (main fabric) + 1 horrid linen skirt (lining) + some old canvas to stiffen = new sunhat!

The Ruffle Blouse
Made from silk dupioni found at a thrift store, the blouse was carefully basted during construction to avoid as much trouble as possible.  The fit is snug around the shoulders and it flares loosely out over the body.  I can wear it with a belt although I sort of like the flared look too... The neckline and dangling ties are especially flattering.  I would make this again from a fabric with a bit more drape I think, to avoid so much of the balloon look..  Otherwise I would narrow the fit and put in some darts.

The "Flounce" Top
I made this for my mother-in-law from silk and satin, the ribbon is pinned on so that it can be removed before washing.  The silks were all washed before I sewed with them to shrink and soften them up.
That's all for now :)
Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment