Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bunny Rabbit "muslin" - my design

This is my new rabbit, I made a "muslin" to test out the pattern I drew up, so this is plain muslin and chocolate colored cotton for the contrast areas.

So far I think it is ok although the face still needs work, I want that little nose to be more pronounced, with a nice curve in the face that I haven't quite got yet.  The darts in the ears were supposed to make them stick up a bit but they really don't, although the shaping is nice, perhaps I will try some interfacing in the next test to see if sticky-up-ears look better.  It's actually quite nice the way they droop and frame the face like long girl hair.  The feedback so far is that the details like the finger really make it look great, and that the face should be really simple, just a couple of circles for the eyes.  The same person commented that they like the plain fabric better than the patterned I used last time too...however that will not do for me, plain may be fine for some but I think the flowery rabbits are much more fun!

I will post again when the face is completed.

=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment